Awareness Raising Event
EVENT: AWARENESS RAISING EVENT
VENUE: University of Swat
DATE: 21 May, 2015
Time: 12 PM to 2:00 PM
No of participants of participants: 31
In this interactive session held at the classroom, comprising of both female and male students at the University of Swat, demonstration about the “volunteerism” and its role in the betterment of the society, were made. The meaning and actual practice were demonstrated to the students by using the conventional method of teaching.
- The students were then engaged in group discussions.
- A brain storming session for identifying the problems of youth in developing countries.
- To device strategies where volunteerism can be utilized to cope with these problems.
- How volunteerism can be initiated with no or low finical availability.
- Volunteerism promotes self-worth and self-respect.
- Volunteerism helps in skill development, socialization.
- The areas where volunteer work can be carried out, identified by the participants were
- Emergency rescue